Is it the seed that is being ignored? A good seed mix although seemingly more expensive are in the long run better value because none is wasted. What you need to assess is whether the birds you have visiting are seed eaters. The main customers for mine are my Sparrows and occasionally the Starlings all the others are more than happy with the sunflower hearts.johnd83 wrote:That's ok. The suet is separate . I have gardman seed and suet.
I suggest you run a trial for a while. If you feel a seed feeder is essential buy small amounts of other good quality mixes( no cereals, or other fillers like dried peas) and see what goes down best. Get yourself some sunflower hearts(kernels) and put them in a separate feeder and see if there are any takers. At no stage have I ever had to throw away any SFHs. We have often been asked is there a food that Starlings won't eat. For unknown reasons they are not at all keen on SFHs. I have seen them on the feeder but they don't stay.
