Page 1 of 1
Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:32 am
by PimperneBloke
Lovely sunny morning lead me to Lodmore, as I'd seen there were some Golden Plover there. Little did I know, there was also a Spotted Crake which I didn't look for (or see) as I didn't know about it until the following day
Hope you enjoy
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD6BKe
Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:36 am
by Linda257
Just aswell av got the day off cos a gotta feeling a will need to boil the kettle and get 2 packs of biscuits to enjoy yer day out at Lodmore

like a need an excuse tae eat loads a biscuits

...back soon to enjoy your pics
Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:05 am
by Linda257
Hmmm that was rather wonderful and looks like you had nice weather PB...golden Plover are stunning.....am wondering if your mystery wader is just a dunlin....just my thoughts so dinny go in a huff man
Love the little egret and nice to shy Mr blackcap
Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:11 am
by PimperneBloke
Linda257 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:05 am
Hmmm that was rather wonderful and looks like you had nice weather PB...golden Plover are stunning.....am wondering if your mystery wader is just a dunlin....just my thoughts so dinny go in a huff man
Love the little egret and nice to shy Mr blackcap
I didn't think it was anything rare

I just couldn't tell what it was (and that is REALLY annoying lol), and merlin and google didn't know either

Weather was belting, it had rained all night, but the forecast had said sunny and still, and was correct

Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:24 am
by Linda257
Linda257 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:05 am
Hmmm that was rather wonderful and looks like you had nice weather PB...golden Plover are stunning.....am wondering if your mystery wader is just a dunlin....just my thoughts so dinny go in a huff man
Love the little egret and nice to shy Mr blackcap
PimperneBloke wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:11 am
I didn't think it was anything rare

I just couldn't tell what it was (and that is REALLY annoying lol), and merlin and google didn't know either

Weather was belting, it had rained all night, but the forecast had said sunny and still, and was correct
Well you never know it might still be something rare...depends who you ask
Weather is dull here the day ...usual Scottish weather
Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:32 am
by PimperneBloke
Linda257 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:24 am
Linda257 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:05 am
Hmmm that was rather wonderful and looks like you had nice weather PB...golden Plover are stunning.....am wondering if your mystery wader is just a dunlin....just my thoughts so dinny go in a huff man
Love the little egret and nice to shy Mr blackcap
PimperneBloke wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:11 am
I didn't think it was anything rare

I just couldn't tell what it was (and that is REALLY annoying lol), and merlin and google didn't know either

Weather was belting, it had rained all night, but the forecast had said sunny and still, and was correct
Well you never know it might still be something rare...depends who you ask
Weather is dull here the day ...usual Scottish weather
Sorting garden day today

Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:36 am
by Linda257
I might need to get lawn mower out for last time ...canny be arsed....already cut back loads of trees, and all the berries infront of summerhouse and cleaned out the larger pond last week.....but hey ho.....looking forward to some brambling, waxwing and winter thrush visiting

Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:41 am
by PimperneBloke

especially for waxing

Re: Lodmore 01/10/2026 (part 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:37 pm
by SnappyMac
A nice group of golden plover PB, not seen any very close this year. The few blades of grass that survived the summer in our garden would be quicker cut with shears. We have a large selection of young wild flowers growing though
