Page 1 of 1

RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:42 am
by PimperneBloke
Coming to the end of time off, it seemed churlish not to go out, so I tootled down to Arne to see what was around. It felt quiet, but as always, there are still things to see if you bother looking! Hope you enjoy

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD5Zvj

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:59 am
by SnappyMac
A green woodpecker in flight, that's a result PB. If I see them in flight it's generally the tail view as it rapidly disappears... A wall butterfly is always a nice find, I have only seen two in recent years. Lots of lovely photo's PB, worth the visit.

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:11 am
by PimperneBloke
SnappyMac wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:59 am A green woodpecker in flight, that's a result PB. If I see them in flight it's generally the tail view as it rapidly disappears... A wall butterfly is always a nice find, I have only seen two in recent years. Lots of lovely photo's PB, worth the visit.
Thanks Snappy
TBH, when I took it, it was just "a bird flying". I was delighted when I got home and saw what bird it was :D I had heard one off in the distance, but didn't connect the two

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:43 am
by Linda257
Oh wow, well done on the green pecker PB!!! Looks like you certainly had a good day to be out with plenty fluttering insects aswell....I still need avocet for my list!
Lots of lovely pics...thanks for sharing. Will catch up with what av missed in a bit 😉

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:48 pm
by Jacksparrow
Great variety once again PB. I couldn't pick a favourite :shrug: All excellent. :nod:

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:33 pm
by PimperneBloke
Thanks both, 'twas a fine morning out 😊

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:36 pm
by Willpar
Nice to see a green woodpecker. Great images PB.

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:48 am
by PimperneBloke
Willpar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:36 pm Nice to see a green woodpecker. Great images PB.
Thanks William, been a few years since I'd seen one :)