Page 1 of 1

2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:18 am
by PimperneBloke
I had a couple of hours spare before an appointment yesterday, so nipped to the river. I was focussing on getting some good river bank shots, but was almost thwarted by a pair of Grey Wagtails. Thankfully both me and the camera kept our focus! :rolleyes: :D



https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD5f2s

Re: Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:23 am
by Linda257
Jeezo they really do battle, I have seen this once before in the bottom of a muddy field. Battle for territory already?? Mallards were mating at the Haugh yesterday...seriously wtf!!! Perhaps they been watching pigeons too long 🤔

Re: 2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:43 am
by SnappyMac
Plenty of action their PB :laugh: Well done.

Re: 2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:37 am
by Willpar
Great set of pics PB.

Re: 2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:40 pm
by Jacksparrow
Just the Wagtail version of handbags at dawn. :nod:

Re: 2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:23 pm
by Germain
I watched Robins battling last week - the weaving and aggressive posturing was intense

Re: 2 Second Wagtail War

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2026 6:46 am
by PimperneBloke
Thanks all, it happened so quickly I didn't have chance to change F-stop, and I was surprised how many I actually got in frame!!