RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Share your photos and videos of the lovely wildlife in your garden and local countryside. Also enter the amazing photo competition every month!
Post Reply
PimperneBloke
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon May 26, 2025 9:34 am

RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by PimperneBloke »

Coming to the end of time off, it seemed churlish not to go out, so I tootled down to Arne to see what was around. It felt quiet, but as always, there are still things to see if you bother looking! Hope you enjoy

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD5Zvj
SnappyMac
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sun May 25, 2025 2:57 pm

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by SnappyMac »

A green woodpecker in flight, that's a result PB. If I see them in flight it's generally the tail view as it rapidly disappears... A wall butterfly is always a nice find, I have only seen two in recent years. Lots of lovely photo's PB, worth the visit.
PimperneBloke
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon May 26, 2025 9:34 am

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by PimperneBloke »

SnappyMac wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:59 am A green woodpecker in flight, that's a result PB. If I see them in flight it's generally the tail view as it rapidly disappears... A wall butterfly is always a nice find, I have only seen two in recent years. Lots of lovely photo's PB, worth the visit.
Thanks Snappy
TBH, when I took it, it was just "a bird flying". I was delighted when I got home and saw what bird it was :D I had heard one off in the distance, but didn't connect the two
User avatar
Linda257
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat May 24, 2025 9:31 pm

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by Linda257 »

Oh wow, well done on the green pecker PB!!! Looks like you certainly had a good day to be out with plenty fluttering insects aswell....I still need avocet for my list!
Lots of lovely pics...thanks for sharing. Will catch up with what av missed in a bit 😉
Pardon the Scottish accent
Jacksparrow
Moderator
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by Jacksparrow »

Great variety once again PB. I couldn't pick a favourite :shrug: All excellent. :nod:
PimperneBloke
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon May 26, 2025 9:34 am

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by PimperneBloke »

Thanks both, 'twas a fine morning out 😊
Willpar
Posts: 9075
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by Willpar »

Nice to see a green woodpecker. Great images PB.
PimperneBloke
Posts: 2064
Joined: Mon May 26, 2025 9:34 am

Re: RSPB Arne 27/09/2026

Post by PimperneBloke »

Willpar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:36 pm Nice to see a green woodpecker. Great images PB.
Thanks William, been a few years since I'd seen one :)
Post Reply