Search found 168 matches
- Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:23 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: 2 Second Wagtail War
- Replies: 6
- Views: 176
Re: 2 Second Wagtail War
I watched Robins battling last week - the weaving and aggressive posturing was intense
- Sat Sep 12, 2026 12:28 pm
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: Travelog 2026
- Replies: 34
- Views: 824
Re: Travelog 2026
Our adventures are continuing.
The heat in August did restrict activity a bit but we are starting to get more and not just to the show ring.
At the water tests we got to witness something I never ever imagined I would see when the army flying school in Wales was deployed to help put fight the wild ...
The heat in August did restrict activity a bit but we are starting to get more and not just to the show ring.
At the water tests we got to witness something I never ever imagined I would see when the army flying school in Wales was deployed to help put fight the wild ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 1:14 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
- Replies: 13
- Views: 314
Re: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
Great to see all the butterflies plus a mega sized HBHM. :clap:
I think google is teasing you about the Geranium Argus as the UK is well outside it's range. According to my reference book the two species of blue present are the Common and the Adonis.
Thanks Jack, I was being facetious about ...
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:48 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
- Replies: 13
- Views: 314
Re: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
Ok been back in and closer looks - Your first CB is a Chalkhill, note the back ground colour is quite a dark brown and the checkering on the wing fringes
2nd CB is an Adonis - black checkering on wing fringes after that I think they are mostly Chalkhill blues and worn Adonis
2nd CB is an Adonis - black checkering on wing fringes after that I think they are mostly Chalkhill blues and worn Adonis
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 9:47 am
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
- Replies: 13
- Views: 314
Re: Tout Quarry, Portland 09/08/2026
I think you can slap Google Lens wrist on this one - It's a Chalkhill female
Well done on getting the Grayling, and its hearting to see so many females of the blue families - Hopefully there are still a few chaps about
the PL's look very smart. A good flutterby session
PS how did you get the Walls ...
Well done on getting the Grayling, and its hearting to see so many females of the blue families - Hopefully there are still a few chaps about
the PL's look very smart. A good flutterby session
PS how did you get the Walls ...
- Fri Aug 07, 2026 12:04 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Another Newbie
- Replies: 6
- Views: 172
Re: Another Newbie
Ohh - what a gorgeous little falcon - no mistaking those toes
- Wed Aug 05, 2026 7:55 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: More Than Just Terns! Lodmore part 1 (02/08/2026)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 222
Re: More Than Just Terns! Lodmore part 1 (02/08/2026)
Those tern photos are fabulous
I think your Ruff is a B-H G having an identity crisis - it's definitely going through a difficult transition
I think your Ruff is a B-H G having an identity crisis - it's definitely going through a difficult transition
- Wed Aug 05, 2026 7:41 pm
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: More Than Just Terns! Lodmore part 2 (02/08/2026)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 258
Re: More Than Just Terns! Lodmore part 2 (02/08/2026)
I've chucked it through Obs and its offered Common Sandpiper if that helps the odds
- Sun Aug 02, 2026 10:44 am
- Forum: Photos and Video
- Topic: Pot Pourri
- Replies: 782
- Views: 12433
Re: Pot Pourri
Cracking round up for July
- Sat Aug 01, 2026 2:29 pm
- Forum: Other Animals and Insects
- Topic: BUTTERFLIES
- Replies: 793
- Views: 1427517
Re: BUTTERFLIES
I stopped into Honiton Garden Centre on my way to Exeter on Thursday and as I was giving Gosh a leg stretch in their overflow car park a Clouded Yellow shot past me