Search found 339 matches
- Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:36 am
- Forum: Birds
- Topic: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....
- Replies: 2316
- Views: 3566812
Re: WHAT I SAW TODAY.....
2 visits today, from a family of 7 Long Tailed Tits. They're only interested in the fat balls.
- Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:34 am
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: chit chat
- Replies: 671
- Views: 11083
Re: chit chat
Have a great Christmas everyone !!

- Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:33 am
- Forum: General Nature
- Topic: Badger cull
- Replies: 8
- Views: 57838
Re: Badger cull
The Badger has to be vaccinated each year, so the figure is a bit higher than that. Here's a piece from the tbfree website ........
You need to cage-trap the badgers to vaccinate them. And you have to it annually for period of at least five years.
The process is costly and needs to be carried out ...
You need to cage-trap the badgers to vaccinate them. And you have to it annually for period of at least five years.
The process is costly and needs to be carried out ...
- Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:04 pm
- Forum: General Nature
- Topic: Badger cull
- Replies: 8
- Views: 57838
Re: Badger cull
The original study ( the Krebs report ) in the 90's studied the effects of culling and concluded that culling was not effective. I think the latest culls are just a fudge by the government to keep the farming community happy.
Vaccination seems to be the best option, but it's not the cheapest option.
Vaccination seems to be the best option, but it's not the cheapest option.
- Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:18 pm
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: IS THIS A JOKE ??
- Replies: 1052
- Views: 15837
- Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:36 pm
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: CHRISTMAS ODE
- Replies: 11
- Views: 196
Re: CHRISTMAS ODE
Translation, please ....... :scratch:
I'm just a fairy on top of a tree, but I don't like it. Would you?
I've been covered in glitter, - it makes me sick and you wouldn't believe where they've shoved a branch.
I can't get to sleep with all these lights: And a big fat man in a red coat often ...
I'm just a fairy on top of a tree, but I don't like it. Would you?
I've been covered in glitter, - it makes me sick and you wouldn't believe where they've shoved a branch.
I can't get to sleep with all these lights: And a big fat man in a red coat often ...
- Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:40 am
- Forum: General Nature
- Topic: Badger cull
- Replies: 8
- Views: 57838
Badger cull
This is a dated by a few days.............
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35121632
This part especially ...........
"I'm pleased to say more than half of the country is on track to be officially free of the disease by the end of this parliament thanks to the strategy we put in place ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35121632
This part especially ...........
"I'm pleased to say more than half of the country is on track to be officially free of the disease by the end of this parliament thanks to the strategy we put in place ...
- Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:32 am
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: IS THIS A JOKE ??
- Replies: 1052
- Views: 15837
- Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:16 am
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: IS THIS A JOKE ??
- Replies: 1052
- Views: 15837
Re: IS THIS A JOKE ??
Got pulled over today....
Cop came up and said he just worked a long day and ended his shift....
He said if I had a good reason for speeding that he'd let me go....
So I said Officer my wife left me 5 years ago for a cop, and I thought you was bringing her back....
he said....
have a good day Sir....
Cop came up and said he just worked a long day and ended his shift....
He said if I had a good reason for speeding that he'd let me go....
So I said Officer my wife left me 5 years ago for a cop, and I thought you was bringing her back....
he said....
have a good day Sir....
- Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:57 pm
- Forum: General Chit-Chat
- Topic: T.V. PROGRAMMES ALERT
- Replies: 287
- Views: 4913
Re: T.V. PROGRAMMES ALERT
Monday 28th Dec. ITV 5:30 - Hedgehog Hotel
Cameras follow a group of rescued hedgehogs as they prepare to return to the wild, offering a rare glimpse into the mysterious moonlit world of one of the nation's best-loved animals.
Cameras follow a group of rescued hedgehogs as they prepare to return to the wild, offering a rare glimpse into the mysterious moonlit world of one of the nation's best-loved animals.
