LONG TAILED TITS

All your bird talk in here
Placido

Re: LONG TAILED TITS

Post by Placido » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am

Yesterday I counted 10 - I think this is accurate although it's very difficult to be certain as they simply will not keep still ! And when I looked out this morning there were already 4.
The reason for this invasion is the 2 suet blocks I put out - one peanut, one insect. The LTTs simply can't get enuf of them.
All the rest love them too - they are in the silver birch so are very easily accessible to even blackbirds.
So pleased I've found a food which is fair to all to access easily.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Placido wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 am
Yesterday I counted 10 - I think this is accurate although it's very difficult to be certain as they simply will not keep still ! And when I looked out this morning there were already 4.
The reason for this invasion is the 2 suet blocks I put out - one peanut, one insect. The LTTs simply can't get enuf of them.
All the rest love them too - they are in the silver birch so are very easily accessible to even blackbirds.
So pleased I've found a food which is fair to all to access easily.
It sounds like a win win. All the birds get a feed plus lots of LTTs.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:16 pm

There was an invasion in my garden earlier, by a bunch of LTTs :clap: . Its impossible to get a good picture of them :shake: , but I tried.
There was at least another 6-8 of them on another feeder at the same time.
At that particular time, blue tits decided they are really hungry :rolleyes: , Robin too :rolleyes: , starlings too :rolleyes: . No wonder they move all the time, they are used to it because they always get bullied on the feeders :wife:
Birds! :rolleyes:

Willpar

Post by Willpar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Great to see them butterfly. For me, if i get them it tends to be in the winter for some reason.

Jacksparrow

Post by Jacksparrow » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Charming little birds that are seldom still long enough for a good photo.

peregrine

Post by peregrine » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:24 am

I have had a single LTT come into the feeders but this is rare. Usually there are six or seven that come to the feeders. Only come for a coupke of days and then they disappear for a long time.

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm pleased to report that my LTTs have been visiting every day :clap: , which always brings about blue tits and Robin :laugh: